You use your social media pages to post links to your news releases and to publish photos related to your business, its team, products and services.
You use it to talk to the people who follow you. But how about encouraging them to talk back?
If you still don't like the idea of engagement, why not?
We did a straw poll of companies we know who don't proactively engage with their online following and asked the same question.
The answers were:
- Don't have any more time or resource to devote to social media.
- Don't want to risk negative comments from third parties on our pages for all to see.
- Worried what the response might be - people quicker to complain than they are to praise.
- Don't want to lose control of the page content - use it as a promotion tool.
- Regard social media as 'push' promotion channels - nothing else.
What is your response to the statements?
Do you agree with them, or do you think the benefits of engagement outweigh the disadvantages?
Feel free to leave comments below or to email your response. We'll report back soon!